Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant
***Applications for eligible businesses located in Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Washburn Counties can apply for this opportunity beginning Monday, August 9th at 8:00AM CST. Application materials will be available on this site.***
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant?
The goal of the Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant is to provide one-time assistance to new and existing businesses opening a new location or expanding operations in a vacant commercial space. $10,000 grants will be awarded to eligible businesses to assist with costs associated with leases, mortgages, operational expenses and other business costs related to the newly opened location. Grants to businesses provide immediate recovery funding from the American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA) and lead to improved odds of a business opening or expanding and remaining open long-term.
2. When and how can I apply for the grant?
The application and supporting materials will be available to download here on this website on Monday, August 9th at 8:00AM CST.
3. Who is eligible and what are the eligible use of funds?
The Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant program funds are available to for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations meeting the following criteria:
- New and existing businesses opening a new location or expanding operations in a vacant commercial space in Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Washburn Counties on or after January 1st, 2021 and before or on June 30th, 2022
- Must certify that the business has not or will not vacate a commercial space in Wisconsin to become eligible to claim this grant
Eligible uses of the grant funds include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Commercial lease/mortgage payments
- Business operating expenses
- Commercial building repair and tenant improvements
4. What information do I need to complete the application?
The following documents are REQUIRED for your application to be processed. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be processed.
- Completed Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant Application and Certification Statement - will be available on this site on 8/9/21
- Proof of business - acceptable forms of business include, but are not limited to: incorporation documents, government registration (federal, state, county, or city), permits, Doing Business As (or Fictitious Business Name, or Assumed Business Name), or business tax returns. Not accepted are Tax IDs/EINs as proof of business for sole proprietorships.
- Property Information- must provide a copy of a fully executed 12-month lease with a term of 12 months or greater reflecting the Applicant as the tenant or a Land Contract/Contract for Deed or Warranty Deed reflecting the Applicant as the purchaser. The lease/sale documents must also meeting these conditions:
- Executed on or after 1/1/2021 and before or on 6/30/2022
- Contain the location of the commercial property. If it is not contained Applicant must provide additional documentation on the physical location for the property being leased/purchased by the Applicant
- Acknowledgement Letter - must provide a letter from an economic development organization, including but not limited to: regional economic development organization, local municipality, Chamber of Commerce, Business Improvement District, Main Street or Connect Community organization, stating that that business occupant represents a new tenant/owner to the commercial space or an expansion of an existing tenant into additional commercial space, with lease/sale documents dated on or after 1/1/2021 and before or on 6/30/2022. A template/sample letter will be available as part of the application package on 8/9/21.
- Completed IRS form W-9 - download the most current IRS W-9 Form here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
5. How much are the grant awards?
Grants amounts are expected to be $10,000 per eligible applicant
6. How will I know if my application is approved or denied?
You will receive an email or letter from Northwest Regional Planning Commission indicating if your application is approved or denied. Depending on the volume of applications, it may take a couple of weeks before you hear from us. We appreciate your patience.
7. Where do I submit my application?
Applications can be submitted by emailing the necessary documents to Kate Costello, Accounting and Loan Administration Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending to Northwest Regional Planning Commission, Attn: Main Street Bounceback Grant, 1400 South River Street, Spooner, WI 54801.
8. What if I have other questions?
Please read through the above FAQ's carefully to see if your business is eligible for this grant. If you still have questions, you can contact Kate Costello at email@example.com or 715-635-2197.